“85% of our A-Level students achieved a min of a B in 2017”
What is A-Level Physics Tuition?
Physics is arguably the most exciting part of all science and technology. It looks all the way from the inside of atoms out to the whole universe and in between. It covers such things as mechanics, optics, waves, materials, particle physics, fields, electricity, radioactivity and energy. The new AS and A levels in Physics are stand-alone linear qualifications, where marks gained at AS level do not contribute to the final A-Level grade in any shape or form. Hence the concept of A2 disappears completely. Our A-Level Physics Tuition gives students the perfect foundation to achieve the best they can.
What we cover in A-Level Physics Tuition?
Students will learn methods which will help with their A-Level Physics exam, by using, applying, consolidating and reinforcing learning. Students are also taught to independently research different aspects of A-Level Physics to develop and extend their knowledge.
Students will cover topics such as:
- Measurements and their errors
- Particles and radiation
- Mechanics and materials
- Further mechanics and thermal physics
- Fields and their consequences
- Nuclear Physics
Our A-Level Physics Tuition lessons are designed to ensure that students grasp the new topics they are learning and to help fill in any gaps or weaknesses in their knowledge. We also help them to get prepared for their exams with plenty of practice and revision of exam techniques and methods for answering the questions.
How does our A-Level Physics Tuition work?
- Student attends a 1-hour lesson
- The tutor will go through the topic and explain the concept
- Students will be given our bespoke activity worksheets to work through
- The tutor will provide students with individual support and feedback
- Then move onto some more teaching followed by some exam style questions
- Tutor will conclude the lesson with some form of assessment and set homework
Which exam boards we cover?
We offer A-Level courses in all subjects across the main U.K exam boards in a classroom setting:
Edexcel | AQA | OCR | WJEC
Lessons are planned from our bespoke Scheme of Works (SOW). Our syllabus ensures students cover the key topics from their exam board, which means they closely support the work your child is doing at school. Also incorporating specific learning strategies and memory boosting techniques, our A-Level Physics Tuition lessons will assist your child in becoming an effective lifelong learner. All this work will build towards their A-Level Physics exam in the summer.
How Can A-Level Physics Tuition Help?
- Develop your understanding of physics and physical processes in a way that promotes confidence and fosters enjoyment
- Appreciate how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society
- Develop an understanding of the link between theory and experiment and foster the development of skills in the design and execution of experiments
- Acquire the skills needed to use technology such as data loggers effectively to make observations and appreciate their limitations
- Helps to ensure you cover your syllabus thoroughly
- Develop exam technique and get important tips on how to pass exams
- Weekly exam practice using difficult previous exam questions
- Increases self-confidence, improves time management & organisation and boosts confidence
10 reasons to join Talent Engaged Tuition?
- Ofsted Registered Tuition Centre – You can be confident that your child will be educated within a safe and secure environment.
- Individual Attention -Small group classes for individual attention, with an average of 6-8 students. Classroom-based learning and not sitting in front of a computer.
- UK qualified Teachers – Experienced tutors that are industry professionals. All our staff are DBS checked, reference checked and are provided with full training.
- Bespoke curriculum – We plan lessons for the entire year and cover everything students need to learn for exams (fully aligned to the National Curriculum & relevant exam boards)
- Regular Homework – Easy to digest weekly homework for every lesson, to reinforce key concepts. Homework is set, monitored and marked by us.
- Progress Exams – After 5 weeks of learning a particular set of topics, students are tested on week 6 to assess how much they’ve learnt.
- Parent Conferences – Every 12 weeks parent can book a parent conference, allowing parents to catch up with us and receive updates about how students are progressing.
- PSED (Personal, Social, Emotional Development) – Students develop confidence and improved self-esteem, learn to manage feelings and behaviour and learn and how to build effective relationships.
- Safety – Our centre is fully insured and CCTV is in operation, to ensure the safety of students and staff.
- Modern Facilities – We have our own purpose built tuition centre, that is an Inspiring and vibrant learning environment for students to enjoy learning.