Qualified Science Teacher for Tuition Centre in Alperton
Established in 2012, Talent Engaged Tuition has gained a reputation for providing students with top-class academic support and achieving great results. In addition to local families, we’re trusted tuition providers by local schools and councils too.
We are looking for a GCSE Science tutor/teacher who is passionate about Science and would enjoy teaching a small group of regular students on a weekly basis.
The beauty of tutoring here is, we’ve taken away all the common pains of teaching. No lesson planning, preparing resources, dealing with parents or taking work home. You simply come in for your scheduled group or 1:1 lesson with all teaching resources printed and ready; just step into your class, start teaching, then go home. Easy!
- Competitive hourly rates
- Fixed & regular tutoring work – do as much or as little as you want
- No lesson planning or preparation – all lesson plans & worksheets prepared and provided in advance. Come in, teach and go home.
- All tuition takes place in our classrooms; no commuting
- Management deals with all parent enquiries so you don’t have to
- Group classes and 1:1 students available
Do you have the following?
- Graduated with a 2.1 or above Science-based degree
- Enhanced DBS (CRB) Checked
- Experience of teaching KS3 and GCSE (useful, but not essential)
- Excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Maths that is infectious
- A sociable and outgoing personality
- You must be passionate about education and helping children in their academic development
- Be a flexible and confident individual who has a creative approach to teaching
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively
- Commitment to improving the life-chances of young people
- Punctual and well organised
- Ability to encourage children to overcome challenges – celebrating when they have a go and recognising their efforts
How can you benefit?
- Highly competitive rates (subject to qualifications & experience)
- Flexible regular hours on the weekday evenings and weekends
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
- Great opportunity to gain valuable work experience with excellent references provided
- Performance-related pay reviews
- Discounted tuition for family and friends
- Regular team socials
- Tutor of the Year Awards
Frequently Asked Questions
- What safety precautions do you take? In addition to temperature checks and antibacterial gels upon entry, our cleaners steam clean all contact surfaces daily. We also have air conditioning for continuous airflow.
- When will I have to work? Lessons take place outside school hours, so between 5-9pm weekdays and 10-5pm weekends. You have the flexibility to accept/decline lessons based on your own timetable and needs.
- Where does the tuition take place? Most of our tutoring is carried out in our dedicated classrooms at the Alperton tuition centre. We also provide online tuition which can be done from home.
- How is the tutoring service delivered? Our services include small groups or 1:1 tuition, depending on the student’s needs.
- Who prepares the teaching resources? We have a dedicated team of curriculum coordinators who do a first-class job of creating outstanding learning resources for our centre. So you will walk in for your lesson and have everything prepared and printed for you to go and tutor. The majority of tuition centres expect you to prepare and print resources in your own time, we do it for you.
- Will I tutor students of the same age and subject? Yes, students are grouped by their academic year.
- Do I have to take work home with me? No, if we schedule you to work on a Saturday morning from 10am till 1pm, that means all your work is completed within that allocated time.
- What is the working environment like? While we expect 100% professionalism with students and parents, we know how to have a laugh and it’s important that every member of the team enjoys tutoring here. We want tutors to come in and leave with a smile, so we’ve created a warm and friendly culture that encourages mingling, building friendships and lots of banter!
If you want to make some extra money by teaching in a tuition centre that takes away the stresses of teaching at school, apply today.
Enhanced rates of pay available for high performing candidates with solid teaching experience. For further information on who we are and what we do, please visit www.tetuition.com. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately, we cannot respond to each application. If you do not hear from us within 7 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. We shall hold your details on record and should a suitable position be available in the future; we may contact you with the opportunity.
We wish you the best of luck!
Part-time hours: 3-6 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Hourly rates of pay: £15.00 – £20.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.